Here’s a review of a 14″ x 6″ Pearl Matt Halpern Signature snare drum, from sister site Drummer’s review featuring…
- 1.5mm Brass shell with black powder coated finish,
- 3 x die cast air vents strategically placed around the shell,
- powder-coated gloss black Pearl Mastercast hoops,
- Evans Heavyweight Dry batter head coupled with Hazy 300 snare-side head,
- 10 x swivel tube lugs (STL) with brass inserts,
- oval-shaped badge with striking yellow rubber gasket,
- Pearl SR150 snare strainer.
Pearl says…“Pearl Artist Matt Halpern designed each element of his Signature Snare Drum to complement -as well as contrast- the complex nature of his playing. Subtle touches, like black powder-coating and three shell vents help to temper the lively tone of its 1.5mm Brass shell. MasterCast die-cast hoops boost projection but Evans Heavyweight Dry heads deliver a controlled attack. Its SR150 Click-Lock strainer delivers increased sensitivity, while visual touches like black/brass STL Swivel Tube Lugs and striking yellow gaskets, serve to inspire the ideal performance. The end result is a snare drum with cutting, dry, versatility that responds quickly for aggressive play, and serves a variety of styles with an expanded tuning range.”
Find out our thoughts in the video above and be sure to visit Pearl at The UK Drum Show 2022. April 2 & 3 at the ACC Liverpool.
UK RRP: £739.00
For more completely impartial, HD video reviews, please subscribe to our YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/drummersreview and click on the bell icon to be notified as soon as each new video is released. You can also follow us on our social media channels:
All of Drummer’s Review videos are recorded in a top quality studio with the finest equipment. To get the best from our reviews and really hear the instruments perform be sure to listen on good quality speakers or headphones!